As you plan, prepare and deploy your eduroam infrastructure, you will be requried required to enter data into the eduroam AU adminToolAdminTool.
AARNet will use the data to configure your use of monitoring, metrics and device configuration services.
- Contacts (technical, security, management)
- Mail-list subscription
- Campus locations (campuses where eduroam will be provided)
Having satisfied the pre-requisites prerequisites to participate in eduroam, and provided link to your AUP, existing wireless coverage, you will be required to configure your Wireless Infrastructure, RADIUS Server, and Network Service which delivers the eduroam service functionality of remote authentication of your travelling traveling users and visitor access to your network by virtue of their remote authentication with their home institutions.
Encryption: WPA2-Enterprise (IEEE 802.1x, AES)
eduroam Hotspot hot spot overlap with other institution
Each campus will have different entry in AdminTool
APs AP's or WLANC (AP/WLANC addresses and secrets not shared via AdminTool, internal matter)
Information on network access provided to eduroam visitors
- Protocols/firewalling fire-walling (see list of recommended protocols)
- Application Proxy/Filtering
- Capacity Restriction (rate-limiting, data quotas)
- VLAN (separation from local corporate networks)
- IP address allocation (number of addresses available)
- DHCP & NAT
- Logging of IP Address allocation against MAC address
The NRO will confirm institutional configuration and access ancilllary ancillary services:
- Client device Configuration Assistant Tool