Dec 3, 2009: the eduroam project group created the first eduroam monitoring "pulse" whilst meeting at The University of Tasmania.
eduroam is a federated authentication solution that allows users from participating institutions to gain secure access to wireless network access using their standard username/password credentials as they do at their home institution for wireless access. eduroam can enable access without the user having to enter any details, simply open your laptop and if its wireless enabled it will connect to eduroam, authenticate and authorise network access. For more about eduroam or the eduroam project group, please subscribe to the er-participants-1 mailing list
The graph shows the unique devices that connect the eduroam successfully each day from June 2008 to 4 April 2010
- My eduroam website
- The eduroam coverage KML file
- The final report for the 2007-2008 project group is now available here
- The new eduroam factsheet (July 2008) is available here.
- The eduroam project group website is located here.
- Federated wireless initiatives world-wide:
- eduroam.org website
- Austria Belgium Bulgaria Canada China Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France Germany Greece Hong Kong Hungary Iceland Ireland Israel Italy Japan Latvia Lithuania Luxembourg Malta The Netherlands New Zealand Norway Philippines Poland Portugal Romania Slovenia Slovak Republic Spain Sweden Switzerland Taiwan Turkey United Kingdom
- SALSA FWNA website
Page: APAN eduroam migration
Page: eduroam Project Priorities
Page: eduroam QA
Page: For End Users
Page: For IT Management
Page: For Technical Info
Page: google map
Page: International Participants
Page: My eduroam
Page: Security Advisory
Page: Support Documentation
Page: test page